Welcome aspirants to this free SEBI Grade A study material. Under this course, we will post free online study material for SEBI Grade A exam. This course is exclusively designed for the Paper-2 of Phase-1 & Phase-2 preparation. We have divided the course into following sections sections:
- Commerce & Accountancy
- Companies Act
- General Awareness
We will post the content as per the syllabus of the exam. There is separate section for current affairs/general awareness for preliminary exam. So let’s get started.
Commerce & Accountancy
- Accounting as a financial information system: Read 1.4 from Unit-1 PDF
- Accounting Standards with specific reference to Accounting for Depreciation:
- Read topic – Cost Concept at Page no 6, Accounting Standards (2.4) at Page no 10, Accounting Standards in India (2.7) at Page no 12, Appendix-II at page no 19 from this Unit-2 PDF. (We have referred selected topic from Unit-2 PDF since time availability is very minimal. However if you have time, try to read whole chapter as it will help you understand the basics).
- Read list of Accounting Standards. (Just Remember number of accounting standards and go through the briefing)
- Read AS 10 Property, Plant and Equipment for Depreciation related accounting standards.
- Accounting Standards with specific reference to Inventories
- Accounting Standards related to Revenue Recognition: First watch this quick video for understanding the concept of Revenue Recognition and then read AS 9 Standard of Revenue Recognition
- Accounting Standards related to Fixed Assets: Read the meaning of Fixed Assets at Page no 11 in this PDF. Read AS -10 (Accounting for Fixed Assets) in context of Fixed Assets
- Accounting Standards related to Foreign Exchange Transactions: Read AS 11 The Effects of Changes in Foreign Exchange Rates. The corresponding Indian Accounting Standard is Ind AS 21: The effect of changes in foreign exchange rates.
- Accounting Standards related to Investments: Read AS 13 standard for Accounting related to Investments.
- Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss: Read concept of Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss at PDF links given below. Although these topics are not directly mentioned in the syllabus, but you won’t be able to understand topics like Cash Flow Statement, Fund flow statement, Financial statement analysis etc without having understanding of Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss statements.
- Cash Flow Statement and Fund Flow Statement: Read this PDF completely to understand the concept of Cash Flow Statement and Fund Flow Statement.
- Financial Statements and Ratio Analysis: Read this PDF. Do read ratios carefully as questions are expected from this topic.
- Accounting for Share Capital Transactions: Read this chapter of NCERT for understanding the accounting related to Capital Transactions. Read this PDF for Accounting related to Bonus Shares and Right Shares.
- Employees Stock Option (ESOP): Read this PDF to understand the basics of ESOP. Also watch these two videos for deeper understanding of ESOP:
- Buy-Back of Securities: Watch these two videos to have fair bit of understanding of topic:
- Buyback of shares and securities – Logic Explained
- Sources for Buyback of Shares
- Now Read this article related to accounting of Buy Back of Shares
- Preparation and Presentation of Company Final Accounts: Watch the video Basics of Final Accounts. Then read Unit 9 and Unit 10 from this PDF.
- Concept of Management
- Nature and Scope of Management
- Objectives of Management
- Functions of Management/Management Processes
- Ten Roles of a Manager in an Organisation
- Leadership – Characteristics and Tasks of a Leader
- Leadership Styles
- Leadership Theories
- Successful Leader vs Effective Leader
- Human Resource Development: Concept
- Goals of HRD
- Theories of Motivation
- Factors Affecting Morale
- What is Communication and Functions of Communication
- Steps in Communication Process
- Communication Channels
- Written vs Oral Communication
- Verbal vs Non-Verbal Communication
- Communication Types: : Upward, Downward, Lateral
- Barriers to Effective Communication
- Financial System
- Financial Markets
- Financial Markets, Financial Instruments, Money Market and Capital Market
- Functions of Money Market, Money Market Instruments
- Call/Notice/Term Money
- Government Securities and Treasury Bills
- Commercial Paper
- Certificate of Deposit
- Collateralised borrowing and lending obligation (CBLO)
- Money Market Questions
- Types of Monetary Policy and Instruments of Monetary Policy
- Monetary Policy Committee (MPC)
- Basics of Derivatives: Read 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3 from this PDF. Also watch this video.
Yet to be posted
Yet to be posted
Yet to be posted
- Union Budget and Economic Survey
- Government Schemes
- Monthly Current Affairs MCQ (Knockout Series)
- Practice Tests: These practice tests are designed for RBI Grade B Exam but these are helpful for General Awareness section of SEBI Assistant Grade A: