Authorized Economic Operators Programme
Authorized Economic Operators Programme is a programme under the aegis of the World Customs Organization (WCO) SAFE Framework of Standards to secure and facilitate Global Trade. The programme aims to enhance international supply chain security and facilitate movement of legitimate goods. AEO encompasses various players in the International supply chain. Under this programme, an entity engaged in international trade is approved by Customs as compliant with supply chain security standards and granted AEO status & certain benefits. AEO is a voluntary programme. It enables Indian Customs to enhance and streamline cargo security through close cooperation with the principle stakeholders of the international supply chain viz. importers, exporters, logistics providers, custodians or terminal operators, custom brokers and warehouse operators.
Benefits of Authorized Economic Operators Programme
Through this initiative, Indian Customs asks businesses to ensure the integrity of their security practices, and communicate and verify the security guidelines of their business partners within the supply chain. In exchange, Indian Customs affords its AEO members with certain benefits, including:
- Self-declaration of SION under Para 4.07A of FTP 2015-20 for AEO status holder Exporters in cases where SION is not notified.
- Inclusion of Direct Port Delivery of imports to ensure just-in-time inventory management by manufacturers – clearance from wharf to warehouse for AEO T1, T2 and T3.
- Investigation related to AEO status holder shall be fast tracked within 6-9 months.
- Dispute resolution related to AEO status holder shall be completed/ adjudicated within 6 months. 5. AEO status holder will get a e-mail regarding arrival/ departure of vessel carrying their consignment.
- Faster disbursal of drawback amount within 72 hours of EGM submission.
- The assessment/examination shall be done processed on priority basis.
- Faster disbursal of refund, including IGST refund and rebate for AEO status holder within 45 days of submission of complete documents.
- Automatic activation of Deferred Duty Payment option for AEO – T2 and AEO T3 status holder.
- Extension of facilitation to exports in addition to imports depending on the tier of certifcation.
- Self-certifed copies of FTA / PTA origin related or any other certifcates required for clearance would be accepted.
- Paperless declarations with no supporting documents.
- Recognition by Partner Government Agencies and other Stakeholders as part of this programme.
We hope you liked this article on Authorized Economic Operators Programme. Here are some useful government schemes for you to read next:
- Jal Shakti Abhiyan
- Mega Food Park Scheme
- National Digital Health Blueprint
- National Pension Scheme for Traders and Self-Employed Persons