Daily GK Potion – 24th and 25th October 2014
- Government cleared 20 FDI proposals
- Finance Ministry has cleared 20 FDI proposals worth Rs. 988 crore.
- The proposals of Fresenius Kabi Oncology for Rs 119 crore and Amneal Pharmaceuticals Company’s for up to Rs 205 crore have been approved by the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB).
- Indusind Bank’s proposal seeking increase in foreign investment in the bank to 74 per cent has also been cleared.
- Adidas India appoints Dave Thomas as its new CEO
- Dave Thomas has been appointed as the new managing director of Adidas group India. He succeeds Erick Haskell.
- Murli Lanka is Walmart India’s COO
- Center government cleared defence projects worth Rs. 80000 crore
- As per the information, six submarines will be made indigenously and over 8,000 Israeli antitank guided missiles and 12 upgraded Dornier surveillance aircraft will be purchased.
- Major decisions were taken in favour of Navy who was in dire need of up-gradation and capability enhancement.
You may also like to Read