Seven point strategy for Doubling farmer’s income
- Special focus on irrigation with the aim of “Per Drop More Crop”
Centrally Sponsored Scheme Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) has been implemented by Government to enhance water use efficiency in the agriculture sector
- Provision of quality seeds and nutrients based soil health of each field
- Large investments in Warehousing and Cold Chains to prevent post-harvest crop losses.
- Promotion of value addition through food processing.
- Creation of National Agriculture Market:
National Agriculture Market (eNAM) is a pan-India electronic trading portal which networks the existing APMC mandis to create a unified national market for agricultural commodities.
- Introduction of new crop insurance scheme – ‘PM Fasal Bima Yojana’ to mitigate risks at an affordable cost.
- Promotion of ancillary activities like poultry, beekeeping and fisheries.