Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY)
Prime Minister Narender Modi launched the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) at Ranchi, Jharkhand on 25th September, 2018 i.e. the occasion of birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay. The scheme is part of bigger initiative Ayushman Bharat. According to a study of Public health foundation, Indians pay 3/4th of healthcare expenses out of pocket. The scheme aims at providing the out of pocket healthcare expenses to the households of the country. The government has provided budgetary support of Rs 2000 crore in 2018-19.
Features of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY)
Some of the important features of the scheme are:
- It covers 10 crore families.
- It is 5 lakh Cashless family floater scheme
- Targets 50 crore people
- Provides cashless and paperless treatment in hospitals
- The benefits of the scheme will be portable across the country. Therefore it solves the issue of migration.
- The National Health Agency has been setup to oversee the implementation of Ayushman Bharat.
- A call centre with toll free no 14555 has been dedicated for Ayushman Bharat
Coverage of the Scheme
- 29 states and UT have joined the programme
- It covers all members of the household for one year
- It covers 1354 illness
- Around 85% rural and 60% urban families has been identified
- All members of the eligible families as present in SECC database are automatically covered under the scheme
- Odisha has opted out the scheme
Benefits of PMJAY
The scheme provides following benefits:
- Hospitalisation expenses
- Consultation fees
- Surgical equipments and procedural charges
- Pre and post hospitalization expenses
- Insurance and tertiary hospitalisation
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) App
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) App has been launched on Google play store. The person doesn’t have to visit the centres to check their eligibility, balance, file complaints or any other services. Individual just need to download the PM-JAY app and can simply to access the scheme details or check the eligibility by entering the name, village and ID details
Watch PMJAY on Youtube: https://youtu.be/cDryvHzcTis
We hope you liked this article. Here are some useful government scheme for you to read next:
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Housing for All (Urban)
- Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana – Saubhagya Scheme