Daily GK Potion – 9th December 2014
- HCL Infosystems CEO resigns
- HCL Infosystems Harshavardhan Madhav Chitale had resigned as Managing Director and CEO of the company.
- Azim Premji gets Swiss Ambassador’s Award for inspirational & socially responsible leadership
- Hockey Olympian Commander Grihanandan Singh, who won two Olympic gold medals with the Indian team, passed away at his residence. He was 88.
- Singapore inks MoU to plan, develop Andhra Pradesh capital
- Singapore signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Andhra Pradesh to prepare a master plan and develop a world-class capital city of Andhra Pradesh.
- The master plan will be ready in six months.
- Modi wins TIME readers’ poll for ‘Person of the Year’
- Mr. Modi has been named winner of this year’s readers’ poll for TIME ‘Person of the Year’, securing more than 16 per cent of the almost five million votes cast.
- Protesters in Ferguson, who were demonstrating against a grand jury’s decision not to indict white police officer Darren Wilson who shot and killed unarmed black teenager Michael Brown in August ranked second with 9 per cent of the votes. TIME said “a strong showing of readers from India”.
- Delhi govt bans Uber and all app-based cab services.
Advertisement by Google