Daily GK Potion – 3rd February 2015
Advertisement by Google
- New Italian President Sergio Mattarella sworn in
- Italy’s new president, Sergio Mattarella, has officially taken office.
- France wins record fifth handball world title
- France became the first team in handball history to win five world championships.
- It was the country`s first world title since 2011.
- They have beaten surprise finalists Qatar 25-22.
- Madhya Pradesh won the 10th National Award for excellent work in MGNREGA
- Madhya Pradesh has won the 10th National Award for excellent work in Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, 2005 (MGNREGA).
- The award was given to Madhya Pradesh for convergence of MGNREGA and other schemes for construction of permanent assets and for excellent work in providing opportunities for earning permanent income.
- As many as 179 crore 11 lakh man days of employment have been created. Out of these, 77 crore 36 lakh man days of employment have been provided to female labourers.
- RBI announces Sixth RBI Bi Monthly Policy Review
- RBI issued its (6th) sixth bi monthly monetary policy review on 3rd February for the financial year 2014-15.
- The highlights are:
CRR – 4% (unchanged)
SLR – 21.5% (reduced by 50 basis points)
Repo Rate – 7.75% (unchanged)
Reverse Repo Rate – 6.75% (unchanged)
Bank Rate – 8.75% (unchanged)
MSF Rate – 8.75% (unchanged)
- RBI increased the eligibility limit for foreign exchange remittances under the Liberalised Remittance Scheme (LRS) to USD 250000 per person from USD 125000 last year.