Daily GK Potion – 25-26th June
- Gujarat government announced 33% reservation quota for women in police force. Gujarat became the first state to implement such kind of policy in police force. It will be applicable to all cadres.
- Indian government’s Department of Electronic and Information Technology (DeitY) mobile seva initiative has been awarded United Nations public service award.
- The government has decided to launch National EMF (Electromagnetic Frequency) portal to address the concerns arising out of fears regarding Electromagnetic Frequency.
- HSBC sells $12.5 billion worth Swiss assets to Liechtenstein’s LGT bank.
- Government announced the extension of excise duty cut announced by previous government till 31st December.
- India’s Bharti group to sell its majority stake in Beetle to Brightstar Corporation. Later is one of the largest distributors of mobile devices in the world.
- The US government panel has put India in ‘International Piracy watch list’.