Daily GK Potion – 22nd and 23rd October 2014
- The joint CEOs of L&T Infotech, Vivek Chopra and Mukesh Aghi, quit the company.
- Mayank Ashar appointed as the managing director and chief executive officer (CEO) of Cairn India.
- Devendra Fadnavis is front runner to be the next CM of Maharashtra
- PM Modi announces Rs. 745 crore package for J&K
- Rs. 570 crore would be provided by the Centre for renovation of houses
- Rs. 175 crore will be given for start of immediate renovation work of six major hospitals across the State
- India wins re-election to UNHRC
- India was today re-elected to the UN’s main human rights body for the period of 2015-17, receiving the highest number of votes in the Asia-Pacific group.
- UNHRC has 47 members.
- India has received 162 votes, the highest number in the Asia-Pacific group.
- Apart from India, the other 14 member states elected to the Human Rights Council for a three-year term of office beginning January 1, 2015, are Albania, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Botswana, the Congo, El Salvador, Ghana, Indonesia, Latvia, the Netherlands, Nigeria, Paraguay, Portugal and Qatar.
- Walsh to stay as coach of Indian National Hockey team.
You may also like to Read