Daily GK Potion – 15th January 2016
Advertisement by Google
- PM Narendra Modi felicitates the unsung heroes at Amazing Indians Awards
- SBI Launches InCube, a Specialised Branch for Startups
- Shortly before the launch of Modi’s Startup India, Standup India initiative, State Bank of India has launched a specialised branch called InCube in Bengaluru that caters to startups.
- InCube’s relationship managers will provide personalised advice to startup founders on investments, taxation and forex transactions , and solutions to optimise the cash conversion cycle
- A document hosted on SBI’s website details all the paperwork required to launch a startup, with tentative values for time taken, and costs for registering a company, and getting a certificate of incorporation.
- SBI will look at setting up a small fund to invest in start-ups, Chairman Bhattacharya said.
- Government of India and World Bank sign a loan agreement for Neeranchal National Watershed Project
- The Government of India today signed a loan agreement with World Bank here for the Neeranchal National Watershed Project.
- The project to be implemented by the Ministry of Rural Development over a six-year period (2016-21) will support the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayi Yojana in hydrology and water management, agricultural production systems, capacity building and monitoring and evaluation.
- The Neeranchal project was approved by the cabinet in October last year with a total budget outlay of Rs 2142 crore with the Government share of Rs 1071 crore and the rest 50% by the World Bank.
- Liberia Ebola epidemic ‘over’, ending West African outbreak
- Liberia’s Ebola epidemic is over, says the World Health Organization (WHO), effectively putting an end to the world’s worst outbreak of the disease
- The “end of active transmission” was declared, after 42 days without a new case in Liberia.
- It joins Guinea and Sierra Leone, which earned the status last year.
- However, the WHO warned that West Africa may see flare-ups of the virus. It has killed more than 11,000 people since December 2013.
- Ronaldinho announced as brand ambassador of Nagjee International Club Football Tournament
- A premier football tournament in India and an event that was very popular in Kerala, it will be renamed and relaunched as the Nagjee International Club Football Tournament.
- The former Barcelona and AC Milan player Ronaldinho on 11 January 2016 was announced as the Brand Ambassador of the Nagjee International Club Football Tournament.
- The legendary footballer was a part of Brazil’s 2002 World Cup winning squad and played an important role in the world’s biggest sporting extravaganza
- Former World No. 1 Marat Safin inducted into International Tennis Hall of Fame
- Former World No.1 tennis player Marat Safin of Russia has joined the International Tennis Hall of Fame, the Russian Tennis Federation.
- The official ceremony to induct the Russian tennis player has been scheduled for July 16, 2016.
- Born in Moscow on January 27, 1980, Safin is a two-time Grand Slam Champion (2000 US Open and 2005 Australian Open) and the dual Davis Cup champion, winning the trophies with the Russian national team in 2002 and 2006.
- He wrapped up his tennis career in 2009 and was ranked 61st best player in ATP’s world best men’s singles rankings at that time.