Daily GK Potion – 12th March 2015
- Appointments Committee of the Cabinet Approves Appointment of Nine Executive Directors in Public Sector Banks
- Shri Charan Singh, General Manager, Bank of India (Bank of India) as Executive Director (ED), UCO Bank for a period of five years.
- Shri K.Venkata Rama Moorthy, General Manager, Bank of Baroda as Executive Director, Bank of Baroda
- Shri R.P.Marathe, General Manager, Bank of Baroda as Executive Director, Bank of India
- Shri Harideesh Kumar B, General Manager, Vijaya Bank as Executive Director, Canara Bank
- Shri N.K.Sahoo, General Manager, Canara Bank as Executive Director, Allahabad Bank
- Shri Pawan Kumar Bajaj, General Manager, Bank of India as Executive Director, Indian Overseas Bank (IOB)
- Shri Ravi Shankar Pandey, General Manager, Union Bank of India as Executive Director, Syndicate Bank
- Shri Kishore Piraji Kharat, General Manager, Bank of Baroda as Executive Director, Union Bank of India
- Shri R.C.Lodha, General Manager, Union Bank of India(UBI) as Executive Director, Central Bank of India
- India inks five pacts with Mauritius
- India signed five pacts with Mauritius and also offered $500 million concessional line of credit for key infrastructure projects as Prime Minister Narendra Modi met his Mauritian counterpart Anerood Jugnauth.
- MoU in the field of Ocean Economy.
- Programme for Cultural Cooperation between both nations for the year 2015-18.
- Protocol between both countries for the importation of fresh mango from India.
- MoU for the Improvement in Air and Sea Transportation Facilities at Agalega Island of Mauritius.
- MoU on Cooperation in the field of Traditional System of Medicine and Homeopathy.
- Union Government launches Pharma Jan Samadhan scheme for redressal of grievances on drugs pricing
- The Union Minister of Chemicals & Fertilizers Shri Ananth Kumar launched ‘Pharma Jan Samadhan’ scheme.
- It is a web enabled system for redressal of consumers’ grievances relating to pricing and availability of medicines, created by National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA).
- It would serve as a robust e-governance tool for protection of consumers’ interests through effective implementation of the Drugs (Price Control) Order 2013.
- India Signs 4 Agreements with Seychelles to Boost Security Cooperation
- Cementing its strategic partnership with Seychelles, India has signed four agreements with the Indian Ocean island nation to boost security and maritime partnership.
- Cooperation in hydrography.
- Cooperation in renewable energy.
- Cooperation in Infrastructure development.
- Cooperation in Sale of navigation charts and electronic navigational charts.
- Modi also launched the Coastal Surveillance Radar Project in Seychelles.
- Veteran sports scribe K Baskaran dead
- Veteran sports journalist K Baskaran, who had carved a niche for himself in covering Indian football for four decades, died on Wednesday after a bout of illness.
- Baskaran, a dedicated sports scribe, had reported on most games in his long career working for Free Press Journal, Indian Express, Newsday (defunct) and then The Times of India where he spent the better part of his career — lasting more than 25 years — before being superannuated.
- He also authored a book on football, ‘Wills Book of Football’.
- Rajya Sabha passes Insurance Bill
- The Parliament on Thursday gave its approval to the insurance bill, paving the way for higher foreign investment in the sector.
- The Insurance Laws (amendment) bill 2015 proposes to raise foreign investment in the sector to 49% from the current 26% but with a rider that management control should be with Indians.
- The higher foreign investment ceiling will be a composite cap and could include both foreign direct investment (FDI) and portfolio investment.
Read previous: « Daily GK Potion – 11th March 2015
Advertisement by Google