Daily Dose – 9: GK updates for SBI PO
- Azim Premji gets Swiss Ambassador’s Award for inspirational & socially responsible leadership.
- Gwlady Nocera of France won Hero Women’s Indian Golf Open 2014 at the Delhi Golf Club.
- Andhra Pradesh Government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Singapore for development of its new capital that is set to come up near Vijawayada region.
- Amos Meindi of Kenya won 29th Pune International full Marathon in Men’s category.
- Kumar Sangakkara became the fourth batsman to score ODI 13000 runs.
- Mohammad Hafeez, the Pakistani cricket all-rounder who bowls offspin suspended from bowling by ICC due to illegal bowling action.
- Indian Blind Cricket team defeated Pakistan to win the fourth edition of the Blind Cricket World Cup (BCWC) in Cape Town, South Africa.
- A Boeing 787 aircraft has completed the world’s first flight using green diesel as Aviation Biofuel.
- The Union Government has divested its 5 percent stake in Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL).
- Miss South Africa Rolene Strauss was crowned Miss World 2014 in London.
- Germany won men’s Hockey Champions Trophy for the year 2014.
- The Maharashtra government declared Dahi Handi as adventurous sport to make it a safe sport.
- Playback singer Asha Bhosle was honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 11th Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF).
- ICICI Bank launched India’s first credit card with a transparent design in association with American Express.
- The ‘Ebola Fighters’ has been named as TIME’s Person of the Year 2014 for ‘their exceptional courage, kindness and bravery’.
- Anurag Jain appointed as the Joint Secretary in Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) of India.
- Fidel Alejandro Castro Ruz awarded the Confucius Peace Prize 2014.
- Sir Anerood Jugnauth was elected as new Prime Minister (PM) of Mauritius.
- Dineshwar Sharma was appointed as director of Intelligence Bureau.
- Rajasthan Government has started distribution of the ‘Bhamashah’ cards among women belonging to Below Poverty Line (BPL) category in Ajmer.
- Government of India has banned terror group Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).
- Indian-American physician Dr. Vivek Murthy has been appointed as U.S. Surgeon General.
- Chinese pro-democracy activist Xu Youyu has been awarded Sweden’s Olof Palme Human Rights prize.
- Indian boxer L.Sarita Devi has been provisionally suspended by the AIBA (International Boxing Association) for refusing to accept the bronze medal in ASIAN games.
- Reverend Libby Lane was appointed as new Bishop of Stockport, England. Thus, she has become the first female bishop in the 500-year history of Church of England.
Read next : Daily Dose – 10: Quant Quiz for SBI PO ››
Read previous: « Daily Dose – 8: GK updates for SBI PO
Advertisement by Google